ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR (WITH MANDARIN)
Sybarite is looking for a highly creative and effective Associate Director to lead large scale luxury retail projects in China. Based in our west London penthouse, you will work closely with our Creative Directors to lead, design and realise projects for the most innovative retail operator in the world.
Sybarite is a global design agency leading the ever-evolving face of benchmark retail, experiential culture and hospitality. Founded in 2002 as a boutique studio dedicated to luxury retail, Sybarite has since grown into a global design agency with projects ranging in scale from masterplans and architecture to interiors and products. Sybarite’s unique approach is reflected in the studio ethos and appreciation for the finer things in life, whether it be championing cuisine or promoting personal development.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sybarite is embarking on a period of transformative change around an expanding portfolio of architecture projects. This is a pivotal leadership and management role with complete responsibility for the most critical and important projects in the studio. You will lead large‐scale luxury retail projects located in China (ranging from 150,000 ‐ 800,000m2) from Concept Design to completion.
As a key member of the Senior Management Team, you will balance design, leadership and efficiency to deliver a cohesive vision that is aesthetically innovative and technically feasible.
- 15‐20+ years of architectural design experience delivering mixed‐use projects globally.
- Able to confidently take full responsibility for all project content, processes and team members.
- Superb communication skills, naturally igniting great rapport and adapting style to all levels.
- Consider the relationship between creativity and technical design as fluid.
- Collaborative with other disciplines such as interior design, installation and branding.
- Expert level knowledge of BIM delivery.
- Mandarin Speaking.
Sybarite offers competitive salary and benefits packages and a studio culture focused on work life balance.
Please send a covering letter together with a CV and portfolio selection to:
Subject: Associate Director, Architecture