"*" indicates required fields
Sybarite is a global design studio leading the ever-evolving face of benchmark retail, experiential culture and hospitality. Founded in 2002 as a boutique studio dedicated to luxury retail, Sybarite has since grown into a global design studio with projects ranging in scale from retail monobrands to architectural masterplans. Sybarite’s unique approach is reflected in the studio’s ethos and appreciation for the finer things in life, whether it be championing cuisine or promoting personal development.
The Sybarite team hails from all over the globe with each member adding their own unique flavour to how Sybarite thinks, acts and works.
The studio prides itself on a culture that truly embraces innovation, collaboration and respect.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sybarite is embarking on a period of transformative change around an expanding portfolio of large-scale luxury international retail projects located in China and KSA, from concept design to completion. The BIM Coordinator will provide technical support directly to project team members and report to the project lead, providing feedback on the team’s requirements for training, workflows or content. Core responsibilities of the BIM Coordinator will span from initial project setup, maintaining project BIM models and associated project BIM support documents, performing BIM coordinator exercises and training project team members. Additional responsibilities include monitoring the performance and quality levels of BIM models and ensuring they satisfy the prescribed project-specific BIM requirements and Sybarite BIM standards.
- Assist project teams with the setup and edit of complex Revit families.
- Automation through the use of Dynamo and scripting is a key focus of development at Sybarite therefore the applicant will be required to create scripts to assist the project teams in their day to day tasks.
- Setup Rhino/Revit interface and transition script.
- Superb communication skills, naturally igniting great rapport and adapting style to all levels.
- Ability to train teams in relevant workflows and software packages both 1-on-1 and group workshops.
- Provide ongoing support, troubleshooting and guidance for BIM workflow and standards.
- Verbal presentation skills.
- Contribute towards negotiations of BIM implementation.
- Attend project kick-off meetings to advice BIM implementation.
- Contribute to BID stage discussion with early liaison for BIM requirements and potential issues that may arise.
- Provide scope of services for BIM deliverables in contracts.
- Managing schedules and time keeping, programme organisation and delivery into the studio work flow.
- Provide assistance to clash detection processes.
- Develop and manage practice BIM library.
- Prepare and assist in the accuracy of BIM models issued to consultants.
- Review project files to look for improvements and potential future hazards.
- Seek to identify opportunities to improve BIM workflows in correlation with all aspects of the practice.
Key Skills & Experience
- Degree in architecture or architectural technology-based qualification.
- Minimum 6 years of architectural design experience delivering mixed-use projects globally, with specific project experience in China.
- Revit exam-based certification.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Autodesk Revit and related software and plugins.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of BIM360.
- Advanced knowledge and of bringing complex Rhino geometries into Revit.
- Knowledge of Dynamo is highly beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience of legacy CAD applications and practices.
- Experience in delivering projects to BIM standards with validation and QA processes.
- Familiarity with common data environment practices is beneficial.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to manage and appraise own working practices.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail and good problem solving skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Team player.
SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
Sybarite offers a wide range of non-contractual additional benefits, a few of which are listed below.
- Fitness: We offer a series of personal fitness classes during lunchtime, 4 days a week (Yoga & Personal Training).
- Food: We have two in-house chefs providing complimentary lunches daily.
- Cycle Scheme: We are currently signed up with a UK Cycle Scheme provider.
- Private Medical: Life, Health and MediCash Insurance is available to all staff.
- Holiday: In addition to paid annual leave days we also have a fully paid Christmas Closure period.
- Development Budget: This is available to all staff to develop their professional skillset.
- Monthly Socials: Weekly drinks take place in the studio ever Friday with Monthly socials taking place on the last Thursday of each month in a different London based location.