Sybarite is looking for a IT Technician to work with the IT Manager. Based in our west London penthouse, you will work within a multidisciplinary project team and realise projects for the most innovative retail operator in the world.
Sybarite is a global design agency leading the ever-evolving face of benchmark retail, experiential culture and hospitality. Founded in 2002 as a boutique studio dedicated to luxury retail, Sybarite has since grown into a global design agency with projects ranging in scale from masterplans and architecture to interiors and products. Sybarite’s unique approach is reflected in the studio ethos and appreciation for the finer things in life, whether it be championing cuisine or promoting personal development.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Building and the regular servicing of computers and laptops.
- Installation, configuration and imaging of computers and laptops.
- Ongoing software patching of all applications
- Day to day on-site and telephone-based IT support for staff.
- Data backup administration.
- IT Hardware upgrades and repairs.
- Dealing with external suppliers.
- Ordering of IT equipment and consumables.
- Receiving, booking in and auditing hardware and software purchases.
- Beta testing and investigating new software applications for the organisation.
- Assisting the in-house administration department with day-today office tasks.
- To perform technical and administration related tasks as requested by the IT Manager.
- Experience in IT support role as an IT technician role.
- Administration of common IT processes (user account management, network shares, etc.).
- Troubleshooting LAN, WLAN and WAN issues and familiarity with common components (including switches, access points, routers, firewall, etc.).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Good working knowledge of common client and server hardware platforms.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft directory, productivity and cloud services (including Active Directory, Microsoft 365 and Office 365, Exchange Online, etc.).
- Knowledge of cyber security principles and common solutions.
- Good communication skills, in particular maintaining professionalism with end users (on the phone, in writing and in person).
- Ability to deal competently and confidently with IT issues as they arise.
- To work effectively with minimal direction.
- Methodical, logical and organised problem-solving arroach.
Sybarite offers competitive salary and benefits packages and a studio culture focused on work life balance.
Please send a covering letter clearly explaining your reasons for wanting to join our team together with a CV and portfolio selection to:
Subject: IT Technician