REAL TIME ARTIST – FASHION, GAME & VR
"*" indicates required fields
REAL TIME ARTIST – FASHION, GAME & VR
Sybarite is a global design practice leading the ever-evolving face of benchmark retail, experiential culture and hospitality. Founded in 2002 as a boutique studio dedicated to luxury retail, Sybarite has since grown into a global design agency with projects ranging in scale from masterplans and architecture to interiors and products. Sybarite’s unique approach is reflected in the studio ethos and appreciation for the finer things in life, whether it be championing cuisine or promoting personal development. The Sybarite team hails from all over the globe with each member adding their own flavour to how Sybarite thinks, acts and works, united by an appreciation for the finer things in life. The practice prides itself on a culture that embraces collaboration, creativity, and innovation to provide its clients with the very best solution.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are in a very exciting stage of our business and growing our team to fulfil the new growth markets of the Metaverse and Digital Services. We are looking to build a new team of multifaceted 3D individuals to create amazing immersive experiences and push the realms of possibilities.
Unlike many design studios, our scope has no constraints. We are looking to work on everything from immersive, retail experiences, to virtual and AR worlds for luxury brands all the way to large scale transformative spaces. You will work amongst unreal artists, maya animators, unity creators and 3D visualisers to help art direct, story board and create narratives for our luxury clients in fashion, automotive, retail, hospitality and virtual production.
This is a creative lead role for someone who is a proactive self-starter who has an innate sense of detail and is solutions-driven. This is a full-time position with 4 days in studio and 1 day WFH.
- Own all aspects of the animation pipeline, from block-out to implementation in engine
- Create key-framed animation in Maya or 3D Max for integration into Unreal engine
- Create cinematic animations that matches the visual style of the pitch
- Rig or fix rigs to make them usable and performant for game integration
- Have a creative skillset that can adapt to technical parameters
- Participate in regular animation critiques and give and receive constructive feedback from the rest of the team
- Implement animation assets into the game engine and iterate as appropriate
- Collaborate with other animators and programmers to establish, test and refine the animation
Key Skills & Experience
- 2+ years as a 3D Animator
- Expert with character and prop rigging/skinning/setup
- Comfortable at rigging characters, props, and environments
- Worked with runtime animation systems such as layers, blend trees, rigging
- Expert knowledge of Maya, C4D or Unreal Engine.
- Strong creative and technical problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple design disciplines
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with limited direction
- Ability to generate top-notch art and design in a variety of styles and a portfolio of work demonstrating the same
SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
Sybarite offers a wide range of non-contractual additional benefits, a few of which are listed below.
- Fitness: We offer a series of personal fitness classes during lunchtime, 4 days a week (Yoga & Personal Training).
- Food: We have two in-house chefs providing complimentary lunches daily.
- Cycle Scheme: We are currently signed up with a UK Cycle Scheme provider.
- Private Medical: Life, Health and MediCash Insurance is available to all staff.
- Holiday: In addition to paid annual leave days we also have a fully paid Christmas Closure period.
- Development Budget: This is available to all staff to develop their professional skillset.
- Monthly Socials: Weekly drinks take place in the studio ever Friday with Monthly socials taking place on the last Thursday of each month in a different London based location.