"*" indicates required fields
Sybarite is a global design practice leading the ever-evolving face of benchmark retail, experiential culture and hospitality. Founded in 2002 as a boutique studio dedicated to luxury retail, Sybarite has since grown into a global design agency with projects ranging in scale from masterplans and architecture to interiors and products. Sybarite’s unique approach is reflected in the studio ethos and appreciation for the finer things in life, whether it be championing cuisine or promoting personal development. The Sybarite team hails from all over the globe with each member adding their own flavour to how Sybarite thinks, acts and works, united by an appreciation for the finer things in life. The practice prides itself on a culture that embraces collaboration, creativity, and innovation to provide its clients with the very best solution.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sybarite is seeking candidates who are passionate in design and keen to collaborate on key mixed use projects. This is a key role within the project team that will focus on Interior Architecture and base build on large-scale luxury retail projects located in China (ranging from 150,000 – 800,000 sqm) from Concept Design to completion.
As a key team member, you will balance design, technical ability and efficiency to deliver cohesive architectural projects that are aesthetically innovative and technically feasible.
- Understanding of mainland China local codes and construction process
- Mandarin Speaking is preferable
- Able to confidently assist the project lead in the design and production of interior or architectural projects within the office
- Superb communication skills, naturally igniting great rapport and adapting style to all levels
- Consider the relationship between creativity and technical design as fluid
- Collaborative with other disciplines such as interior design, installation, and branding
- Verbal presentation skills.
- Knowledge/understanding of building regulations, codes and standards.
- Knowledge of architectural/design project stages and packages.
- Knowledge/understanding of building materials, physics and details.
- Knowledge of design team roles and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of project team roles and responsibilities.
- Managing schedules and time keeping, programme organisation and delivery into the studio work flow.
- Developing knowledge of key fabrication and building techniques, manufacturing and construction site processes.
Key Skills & Experience
- Minimum 8 years of architectural design experience delivering mixed-use projects globally, with specific project experience in China
- RIBA ARB Part III or Equivalent
- Expert level AutoCAD, Revit and Rhino
- Rhino, Enscape are beneficial
- Responsible for LDI and external consultant coordination
- Able to confidently take responsibility in leading SD & DD package delivery
- High level of interaction and championing team work.
- High level of design illustration skills.
- High level of time keeping and efficient work organisation.
- High level of Photoshop, InDesign, MS Word, Outlook, Excel
- 3D modelling, drafting, BIM.
- Ability to deliver DD-stage packages.
SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
Sybarite offers a wide range of non-contractual additional benefits, a few of which are listed below.
- Fitness: We offer a series of personal fitness classes during lunchtime, 4 days a week (Yoga & Personal Training).
- Food: We have two in-house chefs providing complimentary lunches daily.
- Cycle Scheme: We are currently signed up with a UK Cycle Scheme provider.
- Private Medical: Life, Health and MediCash Insurance is available to all staff.
- Holiday: In addition to paid annual leave days we also have a fully paid Christmas Closure period.
- Development Budget: This is available to all staff to develop their professional skillset.
- Monthly Socials: Weekly drinks take place in the studio ever Friday with Monthly socials taking place on the last Thursday of each month in a different London based location.